DOCWA has four classes of membership. These are detailed in the Constitution and in summary include:
Full Membership – open to any person owning a Ducati engined vehicle and have paid membership fees. Full members are eligible to become Executive Officers, vote and receive club benefits.
Associate Membership – open to any person not eligible for Full Membership. This means non-Ducati owners (especially owners of other Italian marques). Associate Members receive club benefits but cannot vote or become an Executive Officer.
Honorary Membership – may be granted in return for services supplied to the club. Honorary Members cannot hold office or vote, but do not pay membership fees.
Life Membership – may be granted to a member in return for services rendered to the club (generally over a long period).
DOCWA Benefits (ie why you should join!)
- Monthly club and breakfast rides, organised and lead by passionate ride captains who carefully select routes and eating destinations (so you don’t have to!)
- Free access to specialist Ducati tools for numerous models (bevel and belt) – Perfect for the DYI member!
- Ability to concessionally license historic vehicles – DOCWA is WA’s only dedicated Ducati club able to offer this support. See the 404 Details page for more information.
- Connection to a ready-made expert community of like-minded folks who are almost guaranteed to have the answer to any questions Ducati-wise you may have.
- Discounts from sponsor motorcycle / accessory retailers and service providers. A single transaction at a single sponsor organisation could potentially save more than the annual membership fee. Links to sponsor websites are included on the Home page.
- Weekend away/overnighter rides – for those wanting to travel further afield and share stories into the early hours!
- Participating in the iconic Moto Italiano Ovest and other show and shine / display events -where you can show off your pride and joy and ogle at heaps of others.
- Discounted access to the biennial Numduc Rally – a motorcycling tradition not to be missed!
- Participation in and preferential access to several charitable events as part of the wider WA motorcycling community.
- Other member social events and networking opportunities, including at regular club general meetings, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the Christmas party.
- Exclusive access to our digital magazine – Corse Language – which includes a wealth of interesting information, event write ups, and other topical content.
The DOCWA committee reviews fees annually. They run from 1 July to 30 June each year, with renewals required on or before the AGM.
The $70 annual fee (plus a further $5 for new starters) is extremely good value given the range of benefits on offer.